Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Insanity Vs. P90X

Okay, so we have all been caught watching late night or early morning infomercials about P90X and Insanity.  I have caught myself eating potato chips and telling myself, I am starting this workout tomorrow.  But than I tell myself do I really want to spend all this money and the end result wont' be good. And I am for sure it doesn't work.  So was I wrong? Yes, I was wrong.

So here is my story and experience with P90X and Insanity. Back in 2009 I was traveling to Afghanistan for work and I saw tons of people in the gym working out in a small room.These people inspired me to just get into it and start working out.

And back in 2010, I started Insanity because I was tired of those typical workouts and I hated driving and going to the gym.  I just HATED IT.  So, one day I just said, what's the harm lets try it out. And so I was on my journey to completing Insanity Workout.

So you may be wondering what were the end results of both programs. Here are my thoughts.

P90X:
  •  Weight Training, Yoga, Cardio but major focus is on Weight Training
  • Its for folks who want to build muscle and burn Fat. You need weights to finish this whole program
  • You won't loose weight overnight.  However, by the end of the program do expect to look toned and loose a lot more fat. I believe I had drooped about 5% of my fat.
  • Build a lot of upper and lower body strengths.
  • IT WORKED. Even though I didn't loose my goal weight, I did tone up a lot
Insanity:
  • Get ready to sweat it out because it's HIGH INTENSITY based Workouts. It's a lot of running around, jumping around, and spinning it out
  • 90% hardcore cardio based program
  • You will loose weight if you workout and eat healthy
  • You won't need weights. Just you, water, towel and DVDs
  • I did loose weight and loved it. I could run longer, and breath better
  • IT WORKED and accomplished my weight loss goal
So if you are in the market for a good program, BOTH OF these programs WORK just depending on what you are trying to do.  I mainly wanted to loose weight so I would choose Insanity.  It all really comes down to personal goals.  All you really need is MOTIVATION and SELF CONTROL to Accomplish any Program.  Keep in mind, I didn't exactly eat healthy but I was really trying my best to watch everything I put in my mouth.

I hope this helps many of you out there. If you have any questions or comments, just leave them down below. Thank you for reading :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment