Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2014

How to Teach your Toddler Colors Fast: Budget Friendly

Different ways I taught my son to identify colors fast, quickly, effectively and on a Budget. I used basic things I had around our home to teach him colors. I bought those flash cards but they were either eaten up or torn by my son.  So, I just used things around my house and used few tactics to teach him colors.  So here are tips and tricks that worked in teaching him to identify colors.  I hope these tactics and tips help you.

1. Set time everyday to teach your little one colors
2. Teach one color at a time
3. Be patient
4. Gather all different shapes and sizes in one color you plan on teaching
5. Keep repeating the color you are teaching. For Example, "Ball Red, Red, Red, Red"
6. Create Songs such as singing, "Apples are Red, Red, Red, Red"
7. Continue teaching one color for few days.  Include your child in the activity.  When you are out and about point out that specific color you are teaching.
8.  Spread out your choice of object to teach colors. Lets say you choose to use Paper in color Red. Spread them throughout a little section and have your child pick up those pieces of colors in Red from different parts of your home.
9. Use construction papers, Play Doh, Uno Cards, Legos, Balls or anything you really have at home.
10.  Don't force him to learn the color overnight. Repeat these tips and tricks every few days.

Good Luck! And I hope these tips help you as they have worked for me. Don't forget to Like & Share. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment